- Thursday 14.15: please read slides20 and slides21.
- DNS: reverse lookup, other records; problems and security
- Transport Layer: ports (NAT)
- UDP: unreliable, header, use
- TCP: reliable, Two Armies, retransmission
- Header; SEQ and ACK numbers
- Stevens "TCP/IP Illustrated, Volume 1"
- Tanenbaum "Computer Networks"
- Bradford "The Art of Computer Networking"
- Coursework: 25%
- Exam: 75%
Online Past Papers
Not much on Moodle
These will be released after the relevant lecture: there is no
substitute to having the material go through your brain at least once!
Note that these slides are reminders to me as to what topics I should cover:
you are expected to read around the subject and refer to your lecture
notes. Don't treat the slides as the entirety of your study.
The file numbers don't correspond to anything in particular in terms of
lectures or subject covered.
I may have skipped some material in lectures: why not improve your general
education and read the extra too! The exam will only be set on material covered
in the reading weeks and in lectures and your lecture notes will tell you what was covered in lectures.