The Microsoft Excel workbook “BPP Spreadsheet Solver” is an open source tool for representing, solving, and visualising the results of Bin Packing Problems (BPPs).
BPP Spreadsheet Solver is a continuation of the VRP Spreadsheet Solver and FLP Spreadsheet Solver, and is based on the same design principles and similar worksheet and menu structures. It is capable of solving the one-dimensional and two-dimensional BPPs, allows for multiple bin types and the possibility of adding item-item and bin-item compatibility constraints.
What’s new in Version 2.2:
Multi-language support. Users can now set the language of the menu and the rest of the interface from the console worksheet. The available languages are: Turkish, German, Spanish, Italian, French, Portuguese, and Arabic. As you may expect, I do not speak all these languages. The translations are from Google Translate, so expect minor (i.e. significant) inconsistencies. You can also add your own language or jargon, details are in the new User’s Manual. Special thanks to Rusuhi Cantay for his help with the multi-language support.
What’s new in Version 2.1:
- Users can choose to use Guillotine Cuts.
- Users can animate the visualization worksheet.
- Solver works faster by a factor of 5.
What’s new in Version 2.0:
- Changing problem data is reflected on the solution worksheet with a warning.
- Custom ribbon for the BPP Spreadsheet Solver menu.
- Users can specify image files for each item type to be shown on the visualization worksheet.
- Minor bug fixes.