Professor of Applied Mathematics
Royal Society University Research Fellow
6 West 1.11
- Address: Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Bath, Bath BA2 7AY.
- Email: J.H.P.Dawes -at- bath dot ac dot uk
- Tel (direct): +44-1225-386223
- Tel (dept): +44-1225-386989
- Fax: +44-1225-386492
- applied dynamical systems
- bifurcation theory and dynamics with symmetry
- pattern formation
- fluid mechanics
Recent and Forthcoming Activities:
- XXXV European Dynamics Days, University of Exeter, 7 - 11 September 2015.
- AMS--EMS--SPM International Meeting, Porto, 10 - 13 June 2015.
- SIAM Conference on Applications of Dynamical Systems (DS15). Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort,
Snowbird, Utah, USA. 17 - 21 May 2015.
- SIAM Conference on Nonlinear Waves and Coherent Structures. Churchill College, Cambridge, 11 - 14 August 2014.
- 10th AIMS Conference on Dynamical Systems,
Differential Equations and Applications. Madrid, 7 - 11 July 2014.
- Patterns, Nonlinear dynamics and Applications (PANDA). One-day meetings in the UK.
Details of meetings for 2014
- 34. D. Morgan and J.H.P. Dawes, The Swift-Hohenberg equation with a nonlocal nonlinearity. Physica D 270, 60-80 (2014)
- T.L. Tsai and J.H.P. Dawes, Dynamics near a periodically-perturbed robust heteroclinic cycle. Physica D 262, 14-34 (2013)
- T. Putelat, J.R. Willis and J.H.P. Dawes, Wave-modulated orbits in rate-and-state friction. International Journal of Non-linear Mechanics 47, 258-267 (2012)
- J.H.P. Dawes, The emergence of a coherent structure for coherent structures: localized states
in nonlinear systems. Phil. Trans. R. Soc. A 368, 3519-3534 (2010)
(Special issue: 'Visions of the future for the Royal Society's 350th anniversary year')
- C.M. Postlethwaite and J.H.P. Dawes, Resonance bifurcations from robust homoclinic cycles. Nonlinearity 23, 621-642 (2010)
- T. Putelat, J.H.P. Dawes and J.R. Willis, Regimes of frictional sliding of a spring-block system. J. Mech. Phys. Solids 58, 27-53 (2010)
- J.H.P. Dawes, Localised pattern formation with a large-scale mode: slanted snaking. SIAM J. Appl. Dyn. Syst. 7, 186-206 (2008)
- J.H.P. Dawes, Localised convection cells in the presence of a vertical magnetic field. J. Fluid Mech. 570, 385-406 (2007).
- J.H.P. Dawes and J.R. Gog, The onset of oscillatory dynamics in models of multiple disease strains. J. Math. Biol. 45, 471-510 (2002)