My profile on PURE can be found here
. Here's a brief overview.
My PhD is concerned with the modelling (and development of supporting theory) of photonic crystal fibres (PCFs).
This involves the use of techniques from homogenisation theory and results on the convergence of thin-structure PDE problems to singular-structure ODE problems.
This is with the objective of providing an analytic model which can link the geometry and material properties of PCFs to its operating performance, to improve fibre design.
My PhD supervisors are Dr Kirill Cherednichenko (80%); Prof David Bird (10%), and Prof Chris Bowen (10%).
Publications and pre-prints
- [With Kirill Cherednichenko]   Frequency-dependent impedance and surface waves on the boundary of a stratified dielectric medium. [PTRS Open Access]   [arXiv].
- [MRes Thesis]   Exploratory Analysis of Wave Problems on Thin and Singular Structures. [PDF].
Presentations and Talks
I graduated from the University of Bath in Summer 2017 with an MSci Mathematics and Physics, and I am now part of the 4th cohort of the SAMBa CDT at the University of Bath.
I completed the MRes year of the SAMBa program in September 2018.
- I am a tutor for Analysis 1A/B at the Univeristy of Bath; tutorial resources for my tutor groups can be found on this page.
- I am a demonstrator for the Univeristy of Bath's Doctorial College team, helping with the teaching of lessons in LaTeX and Python.
- I have been involved with developing (2018/19-2020/21), demonstrating (2018/19-2020/21), and organising (2020/21) the introductory courses in Python, MATLAB, R, and LaTeX for postgraduate induction in the Mathematical Sciences department.
Resources for 2020/21's induction week can be found on this page.
- I was involved in the running of the Student-Lead Symposium in 2017/18.
- I participated in SAMBa's 7th and 8th Integrative Think Tanks (ITTs) in January and June of 2018, material from the ITTs is available here.
- I participated in SAMBa's 9th and 10th ITTs in January and June of 2019.
- I was one of 5 SAMBa students co-organising the SAMBa Summer Conference in July 2019, the conference website can be found here.
- I participated in SAMBa's 11th ITT in January 2020