Theresa R Smith
4 West 5.15
Dept of Mathematical Sciences
University of Bath
Bath BA2 7AY
email: t.r.smith 'at' bath.ac.uk
I am a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Statistics in the
Department of Mathematical Sciences at
the University of Bath.
I graduated from the University of Pittsburgh
in 2009 with a BA in History and a BS in
I did my PhD in Statistics at the University of Washington from 2009 to 2014.
- Methods for data with spatial or spatiotemporal dependence.
- Applications in the public health and the social sciences.
- Computating for Bayesian models.
- Smith, T.R. "A stratified age-period-cohort model for spatial heterogeneity
in all-cause mortality." (submitted: arXiv:1806.02748).
- Pauling, J.D., Reilly, E., Smith, T., and French, T. (2019) "Factors influencing Raynaud's condition score diary outcomes in systemic sclerosis," The Journal of rheumatology doi: 10.3899/jrheum.180818.
- Smith, T.R., and Wakefield, J. (2016) "A review and comparison of
age-period-cohort models for cancer incidence,"
Statistical Science doi:
£131K EPSRC (EP/T003707/1) Statistics and Data Science training to build research capacity to address societal problems in Mongolia (Co-I, 2018-2020).
£164K Innovate UK, KTP with Mayden House Limited (Academic Supervisor, 2018-2020).