Theresa R Smith
4 West 5.15
Dept of Mathematical Sciences
University of Bath
Bath BA2 7AY
email: t.r.smith 'at' bath.ac.uk
I am a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Statistics in the
Department of Mathematical Sciences at
the University of Bath.
I graduated from the University of Pittsburgh
in 2009 with a BA in History and a BS in
I did my PhD in Statistics at the University of Washington from 2009 to 2014.
- Methods for data with spatial or spatiotemporal dependence.
- Applications in the public health and the social sciences.
- Computing for Bayesian models.
- Bauer-Staeb, C., Davis, A., Smith, T.R., Betts, D., Wilsher, W., Eldridge, C., Griffith, E., Faraway, J., and Button, K. (2020+) "Impact of COVID-19 on Primary Care Mental Health Services: A Descriptive, Cross-Sectional Timeseries of Electronic Healthcare Records." (submitted )
- Davis, A., Smith, T.R., Talbot, J., Eldridge, C., and Betts, D. (2020) “Predicting patient engagement in IAPT services: A statistical analysis of Electronic
Health Records” Evidence-Based Mental Health .
- Prosdocimi, I., Dupont, E., Augustin, N., Kjeldsen, T., Simpson, D. and Smith,
T.R. (2019) “Areal models for spatially coherent trend detection: the case of
British peak river flows.” Geophysical Research Letters
£500K GCRF/Newton Fund (EP/V028499/1) Building an Early Warning System for community-wide infectious disease spread: SARS-CoV-2 tracking in
Africa via environment fingerprinting (Co-I, 2020-2022)
£150K EPSRC (EP/T029986/1) Environment fingerprinting via digital technology - a new paradigm in hazard forecasting and early-warning systems for
health risks in Africa (Co-I, 2020-2021)
£131K EPSRC (EP/T003707/1) Statistics and Data Science training to build research capacity to address societal problems in Mongolia (Co-I, 2020-2021).
£164K Innovate UK, KTP with Mayden House Limited (Academic Supervisor, 2018-2020).