The Bristol Liquids Group in 1984
Mark Welland and
(left to right).
Prof Philip S Salmon CPhys, FInstP
University of Bristol: BSc and PhD
University of Exeter: Research Fellow
University of East Anglia: ‘New Blood’ Lecturer, Senior Lecturer
University of Bath: Senior Lecturer, Reader, Professor
Some External Activities:
· 1988 - 98: Committee member of the Institute of Physics and the Faraday Division of the Royal Society of Chemistry’s Neutron Scattering Group
· 1989 - 96: Representative of the liquid and amorphous materials user group on the ISIS User Support Sub-Committee
· 1990 - 91: ISIS experimental selection panel
· 1993 - 96: Local committee chairman and member of the International Programme Committee for the Third Liquid Matter Conference of the European Physical Society (EPS)
· 1994: ISIS International Science Advisory Committee
· 1995: Chairman of the syndicate session on Liquid and Amorphous Systems at the UK Neutron and Muon Beam Users' Meeting (University of Manchester).
· 1996 - 00: Liquids Board of the European Physical Society and international programme committee of the Fourth Liquid Matter Conference
· 1997 - 00: ISIS User Committee
· 1997 - 01: Liquids and Soft Matter Editorial Board of the Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter
· 1999 - 01: Subcommittee 6, Institut Laue-Langevin (beam time allocation)
· 2001 - present: Founder member of the Liquids Group of the Institute of Physics. Presently Secretary and Treasurer of this group.
· 2002 - present: ISIS Scheduling Panel ISP 2: Liquids (beam time allocation)
· 2004: Founder member of ‘The Structure of Amorphous Materials Group’ of the Society of Glass Technology