S J Culley
Next expert alphabetically in the Department
Go to Expertise Directory and Search Engine front page
Name: S J Culley
Job Title: Senior Lecturer
Qualifications: BSc(Eng) CEng MIMechE
Department of Mechanical Engineering;
Future Issues in Design Research - Report
Telephone: +44 1225 826456
Fax: +44 1225 826928
Department of Mechanical Engineering
University of Bath
Bath, BA2 7AY
· Feedback and Decision Making
· The use of Fuzzy Logic
· The Electronic Catalogue
· Component categorisation
Functional Assembly Modelling
· Parametric representation
· Constraint and Data propagation
· Designer requirements and access methods
· Information flow modelling
· Design information Classification techniques
· Information system design
Design of Fast Tool Change Systems
· Financial justification
· The 'reduction in' design method
· Whole business system cost modelling
· Design information delivery
Research Council Experience
· Invited expert
· Numerous research reviews
· Advanced course reviews
· Member of College of Peers for Design
Other Relevant Experience
· Invitee for the SERC/IMechE expert conference
· Post-Chairman IMechE Manufacturing Technology, Design and Quality Group.
· Vice-Chairman of the IMechE Manufacturing Divisional Board.
· Organiser of various IMechE Seminars, etc..
· Extensive contacts within Design and Manufacturing community.
35 Electronic Publishing Ltd., The countries leading supplier of electronic catalogues, employing 35 people in Bath, founded by two former Research Officers. Recently taken over by Findlay Publications.
Paragon Trove Ltd., producing electronic information systems and catalogues established by two former Postgraduates.
Major Grants, Contracts and Consultancies:
Engineering Innovation Processes, Engineering Management Information Systems, Engineering Design, Machine Design, Manufacturing Engineering, Computer-Aided Engineering
Last update: Sat Oct 10 18:16:25 1998