In my role as Co-Director for the EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Statistical
Applied Mathematics at Bath (SAMBa)
, I oversee all operations of the Centre and
work with the other co-Directors to develop and implement the strategy and vision.
I am also the CDT lead for the University of Bath, working with our other
campus-based CDTs to add value across the portfolio.
I am part of the team who conceived and delivered the EPSRC Inclusion Matters project, aiming to drive culture change in academic recruitment, building on the good practise developed in SAMBa.
Alongside these roles, I am deputy Chair of the Department's Diversity and Inclusion Committee, serve on the PRISM (Professional Research Investment and Strategy Managers)'s committee, and Chair the Scientific Panel for Bath's Institute of Mathematical Innovation. I have been heavily involved in a suite of activities supporting capacity building in Mongolia.
I obtained a PhD in organometallic chemistry in 2006
at the University of Bath. Following that I worked for EPSRC in their infrastructure and international team. More recently, I worked
within the Research Office at the University of Bath, particularly helping academics to apply
for funding for large equipment, fellowships and Centres for Doctoral Training.
- K. A. M. Ampt, S. Burling, S. M. A. Donald, S. Douglas, S. B. Duckett, S. A. Macgregor and M. K. Whittlesey, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2006, 128, 7452-7453
- S. Burling, S. Douglas, M. F. Mahon, D. Nama, P. S. Pregosin and M. K. Whittlesey, Organometallics 2006, 25, 2642-2648
- S. Douglas, J. P. Lowe, M. F. Mahon, J. E. Warren and M. K. Whittlesey, J. Organomet. Chem., 2005, 690, 5027-5035 (special issue)
- Florian Berberich, Sergio Bernardi, Ana Bela Dias, Susie Douglas, Virginie Mahdi, Carlos Merida-Campos, eChallenges 2011 Conference Proceedings
- Susie Douglas, Julie Morton, Matthew Roberts, Tim Rogers, Times Higher Education 2021, Academic workshops: how we build back better
Department of Mathematical Sciences
University of Bath
Bath, BA2 7AY
Office: 4West 1.16
Phone: +44 (0) 1225 385661