Student Led Symposia
Scheduled SLS Times:
- Monday, 13:15-15:15, CB4.7
- Wednesday, 10:15-11:15, CB4.7
- Friday, 14:15-16:15, CB4.7
Willis Towers Watson visit, 28/11/18
Willis Towers Watson is an insurance brokerage and risk consultancy firm. For the ITT, their main areas of interests are in building statistical models of catastrophic events (mostly extreme weather and natural disasters), and in how they could use data to design indices that allow them to monitor these kinds of events.
The programme was the following:
- 12.15-12.45 - Lunch
- 12.45-13.45 - Presentations from Willis Towers Watson
- 13.45-14.15 - Tea and coffee break
- 14.15-15.15 - Small group discussions
- 15.15-15.30 - Wrap-up
Diamond visit, 14/11/18
Diamond visited us to talk about possible ITT problems concerning: image alignment procedures, correlative imaging, compressed sensing, ptychography, tomography, segmentation, feature extraction and data volumes and processing. The programme was the following:
- 12:00-13:00 - Lunch
- 13:00-14:00 - Presentations from Diamond
- 14:00-14:30 - Tea/Coffee
- 14:30-15:30 - Small group discussions and brainstorming
- 15:30-16:00 - Short feedback from groups and wrap up
- Challenge descripions from Willis Towers Watson can be found here.
- Challenge descripions from Diamond can be found here.
- What we know about WTW data sources is collected here.
- Papers, lecture notes