Theresa R Smith
4 West 5.15
Dept of Mathematical Sciences
University of Bath
email: t.r.smith 'at' bath.ac.uk
I am a Lectuer in Statistics in the
Department of Mathematical Sciences at
the University of Bath.
I graduated from the University of Pittsbrugh
in 2009 with a BA in History and a BS in
I did my PhD in Statistics at the University of Washington from 2009 to 2014.
- Methods for data with spatial or spatiotemporal dependence.
- Applications in the public health and the social sciences.
- Computation for Bayesian methods.
- Smith, T.R. "A stratified age-period-cohort model for spatial heterogeneity
in all-cause mortality." (submitted: arXiv:1806.02748).
- Smith, T.R., and Wakefield, J. "A review and comparison of
age-period-cohort models for cancer incidence,"
Statistical Science (2016), doi:
- Wakfield, J. and Smith, T.R. "Ecological Modeling: general
Handbook of Spatial Epidemiology,
Eds A. Lawson,
S. Banerjee, R. Haining, and L. Ugarte. CRC Press (2016).
- Krenz, J.E., Hofmann, J.N., Smith, T.R., Cunningham, R.N.,
Fenske, R.A., Simpson, C.D., and Keifer, M. "Determinants of
butyrylcholinesterase inhibition among agricultural pesticide
handlers in Washington State: An update," Annals of
- Smith, T.R., Wakefield, J., and Dobra, A. "Restricted
covariance priors with applications in spatial statistics,"
Bayesian Analysis (2015), doi:
£110K Innovate UK, KTP with Mayden House Limited (Academic Supervisor, 2018-2020).