Theresa R Smith
4 West 5.15
Dept of Mathematical Sciences
University of Bath
email: t.r.smith 'at' bath.ac.uk
I am a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Statistics in the
Department of Mathematical Sciences at
the University of Bath.
I graduated from the University of Pittsburgh
in 2009 with a BA in History and a BS in
I did my PhD in Statistics at the University of Washington from 2009 to 2014.
- Methods for data with spatial or spatiotemporal dependence.
- Applications in the public health and the social sciences.
- Computation for Bayesian methods.
- Smith, T.R. "A stratified age-period-cohort model for spatial heterogeneity
in all-cause mortality." (submitted: arXiv:1806.02748).
- Pauling, J.D., Reilly, E., Smith, T., and French, T. (2018) "Evolving symptoms of Raynaud's phenomenon in systemic sclerosis are associated with physician and patient-reported assessments of disease severity," Arthritis Care & Research doi: 10.1002/acr.23729.
- Smith, T.R., and Wakefield, J. (2016) "A review and comparison of
age-period-cohort models for cancer incidence,"
Statistical Science doi:
£110K Innovate UK, KTP with Mayden House Limited (Academic Supervisor, 2018-2020).