I am a Knowledge Transfer Fellow working on a joint project between the University of Bath and GKN Aerospace. This is a year long TSB project looking at the development of Multiscale process models to simulate the manufacturing of large scale composite parts.
My research interest fall between mathematical engineering and its application to industry based problems. Particular in the areas of multilscale methods, nonlinear buckling problems, layered materials, composite structures and geological folding.Journal Publications
- T. J. Dodwell, R. Butler and G. W. Hunt, A semi-analytical model for the wrinkling of laminates during consolidation over a corner radius Submitted to Composite Science and Technology, (arXiv:1305.3094)
- A. T. Rhead, T. J. Dodwell and R. Butler , The effect of tow gaps on compression after impact strength of robotically laminated structures, submitted to CMC: Computers, Materials and Continua (arXiv: 1305.3304)
- G. W. Hunt, T. J. Dodwell and J. Hammond, On the nucleation of kink and shear bands Accepted for publication Phil Trans (2013), pre-print avaliable at Research-Gate
- T. J. Dodwell and G. W. Hunt, Convoluted accommodation structures in folded rocks, Phil. Mag, 92 (28-30), 3418-3438 (2012)
- T. J. Dodwell, G. W. Hunt, M. A. Peletier, and C. J. Budd, Multi-layered folding with voids, Phil. Trans. R. Soc. A. 370 (1965), 1740-1758 (2012), (arXiv:1105.4707)
- T. J. Dodwell, M. A. Peletier, C. J. Budd, and Giles W. Hunt, Self-similar voiding solutions of a single layered model of folding rocks, SIAM J. Appl. Math., 72 (1), 444-463 (2012). s(arXiv:1101.5325)
Tim Dodwell at Academia - Contains various information about current research, as well as publications and preprints in pdf format.
Tim Dodwell at Research Gate - Current research, publications and preprints in various forms.