MA30252 Advanced Real Analysis
Office: 4W 4.16
|Mon||9:15||4E 3.10||Problem Class
Click here for more information about this course from the unit catalogue.
Here are the lecture notes for this course (with some incomplete references for the moment).
Some of the concepts from the first chapter are discussed in more detail in
the notes from one of the predecessors of this course, MA30041 Metric Spaces.
These notes may be useful particularly to students who have taken MA20218 Analysis 2A in
the academic year 2015/6 or earlier.
Hard copies of the homework assignments will be available in the Wednesday lectures.
Alternatively, you can download the problem sheets below. Solutions will be available
for download after the hand-in date.
There are numerous books in the library which, collectively, cover the material in the course. Below is a sample list.
- Kolmogorov, A N and Fomin, S V, Introductory Real Analysis, Dover
- Kreyszig, E, Introductory Functional Analysis with Applications, Wiley
- Protter, M H and Morrey, C B, A First Course in Real Analysis, Springer-Verlag
- Simmons, G F, Introduction to Topology and Modern Analysis, McGraw-Hill
- Stoll, M, Introduction to Real Analysis, Addison-Wesley
- Sutherland, W A, Introduction to Metric and Topological Spaces, OUP