- Model-Independent Relations for the Magnetic Properties of the
Skyrmion, Phys. Lett. B221, pp. 349-52 (1989).
- Increased Off-Axis Energy Deposition Due to Diffraction and
Nonlinear Propagation of Ultrasound from Rectangular Sources,
M.D. Cahill and A.C. Baker, J Acoust. Soc. Amer., 102 (1), pp
- Numerical Simulation of the Acoustic Field of a Phased-Array
Medical Ultrasound Scanner, M.D. Cahill and A.C. Baker, J
Acoust. Soc. Amer., 104 (3), pp 1274-1283 (1998)
- Intensity Dependence of FUS Lesion Position, P.M. Meaney,
M. Cahill, G.R. ter Haar, Proceedings of SPIE - Surgical Applications
of Energy (San Jose), Vol. 3249 pp 246-256 (1998)
- Oscillations in Harmonics Generated by the Interaction of
Acoustic Beams, M.D. Cahill and A.C. Baker, J
Acoust. Soc. Amer., 105 (3), pp 1575-1583 (1999).
- Mechanical Index: The Influence of Nonlinear Propagation in Water and Tissue,
M.D. Cahill and V.F. Humphrey, J Acoust. Soc. Amer., 105 (2), p
1325 (1999). Conference abstract from ASA/DEGA Joint Meeting, Berlin (1999).
- Clinical Evaluation of Cavitation Thresholds in Patients Undergoing Lithotripsy, Andrew J. Coleman, Prashant K. Verma, and Mark D. Cahill, J
Acoust. Soc. Amer., 105 (2) p. 1267 (1999). Conference abstract from ASA/DEGA Joint Meeting, Berlin (1999).
- The Effect of Nonlinear Propagation on Heating of Tissue: A Numerical Model
of Diagnostic Ultrasound Beams, M.D. Cahill, V.F. Humphrey and C. Doody,
proceedings of the 15th International Symposium on Nonlinear Acoustics, Goettingen, Ed. W. Lauterborn and T. Kurtz, pp 483-486 (2000).
- The Intensity Dependence of Lesion Position Shift During Focused Ultrasound
Surgery, P.M. Meaney, M.D. Cahill, G.R. ter Haar, Ult. Med. Biol. 26
(3), 441-450 (2000).
- A Theoretical Investigation of the Effect of Nonlinear Propagation on Measurements of Mechanical Index, M.D. Cahill and V.F. Humphrey, Ult.
Med. Biol. 26 (3), 433-440 (2000).
The Effect of Nonlinear Propagation on Heating of Tissue: Numerical
Modelling and Experimental Measurement, M.D. Cahill, V.F. Humphrey,
C. Doody and F. Duck, Proceedings of the IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium,
2002, 2, pp 1395-1398 (2002).
Work performed while at Bath was presented by Dr. A.C. Baker at the
- 20th Scandinavian Symposium on Physical Acoustics, Ustaoset, Feb
1997. (Nonlinear Pressure Fields of Rectangular Ultrasound Sources,
- Inst. of Phys. and Engineering in Medicine Physics and
Technology of Ultrasound, York, March 1997. (Prediction of the
Non-Linear Pressure Field of a Rectangular Diagnostic Ultrasound
Array, A.C. Baker and M.D. Cahill)
- Ultrasonics International 97, Delft, July 1997. (Prediction of
Ultrasonic Pressure Fields Generated by Medical Imaging Systems With
Rectangular Arrays, A.C. Baker and M.D. Cahill.)
Work performed while at St. Thomas' hospital, London was presented
by myself at the following meeting;
- IPEMB Round table meeting on nonlinear effects in medical
ultrasound at the Royal College of Surgeons, work performed under Dr
A.J. Coleman. (Numerical Simulation of a Phased-Array Diagnostic
Ultrasound Scanner in the Presence of Biological Media, M.D. Cahill
and A.J. Coleman)
Work performed while at St. Thomas' hospital, London and presented
by Dr. A. Coleman;
- Paper correlating observations of in vitro acoustic cavitation
with predictions from Gilmore model,
with Dr A.J. Coleman (principal author), work performed at St Thomas'
M D Cahill
Fri April 20th, 2001