The group averages over 600 citations per member of staff on Web of Science.
Three members of the group have over 1000 citations on Web of Science and one has over 2000.
Many of our citations are from disciplines outside academic statistics, reflecting the fact that we produce work that is used in other scientific disciplines.
Our work has direct impact beyond academic research. For example
- Semiparametric modelling methods developed at Bath are used by workers at energy company EDF to improve one day ahead French electricity grid load prediction.
- Smooth modelling methods developed at Bath are used by Fisheries Scientists at CSIRO, Tasmania to improve Fish Stock assessment around Tasmania and south Australia.
- Forest health monitoring models developed in Bath are used by the Federal Government of Baden Wuerttemberg to help determine Forestry policy.
- Dynamic models for predicting capital maintenance costs were used by Wessex Water to develop submissions to Ofwat and informed future pricing structures.
- Models of how people move has been used to help design manufacturing workstations and vehicles.
- Models of how faces move has been used to assess the effects of facial surgery on children with cleft lip/palate.
- Conduct of clinical trials.
- New developments in medical treatments.