Arrival and Departure Information
- The University of Bath provides
on travel to and from Bath. Use you browser's back button to return
to this site.
- There is an on-line railway timetable service. Use you browswer's back button to return
to this site.
- Please try to arrive on campus between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Sunday
September 2nd, 2001. Go straight to the Residential Services
Office where you will be issued with your room key.
This Office will be open until late, but should you arrive
in the middle of the night, throw yourself on the mercy of Campus
Security who will know where you should be staying,
and will let you into your room.
- Provided you arrive between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m., you will
be able to register in room 1W2.6. This is pronounced
One West two-point-six. The building you seek is
1W. The 2 Point 6 refers to the fact
that the room is on the parade level (level 2) and is room 6
in that building.
Note that the entrance to this room is not
from 1W. Rather the room is very near the
main parade level entrance to 1W, and itself
can be entered from the parade via a very short corridor.
There will be a notice to direct you.
All buildings are labelled E or W depending
on which half of the campus they are in. Buildings with an odd
number are in the north half of the campus, and buildings
with an even number are in the south half.
- If you miss registration, see Geoff at breakfast-time
- There may be a buffet supper waiting for you in Choices
restaurant until 7 p.m. (or failing that, any alternative
arrangements will be made clear at registration).
After 7 p.m. you are in trouble. Note
this Important Fact: After 7 p.m. there is nowhere to purchase any
kind of food on campus. The only solution is to visit Bath
(a 10 minute bus ride).
- We suggest that after 7 p.m. you visit the Parade Bar wearing
your conference badge in order to meet other conferees and
- Parking is in Car Park H. See
- If leaving by car, please ask Geoff Smith for details as to how
to sneak out of Bath in a way which avoids the horrible traffic jams
which will block the obvious routes on Saturday mornings.
He has cunning schemes available for all directions.
Geoff Smith or
Geomtric Group Theory short course