Melplash (Christ Church)
Christ Church, Melplash,
Nr. Netherbury, Dorset
A neo-Norman church by Benjamin Ferrey, 1845-46. DHCT
(p. 34) report that the interior has been re-ordered, with the nave
screened off as a parish hall, the remainder realigned with the altar
in the original north transept.
- John Betjeman, Sir John Betjeman's guide to English parish
churches, revised and updated by Nigel Kerr. London: HarperCollins,
1993, p. 183.
- Dorset Historic Churches Trust, Dorset Churches.
[Dorchester]: DHCT, 1988, p. 34.
- John Hutchins, The history and antiquities of the County of
Dorset, 3rd ed., edited by W. Shipp and J.W. Hodson,
Westminster: J.B. Nichols and Sons, 1861-1873.
- Arthur Mee, The King's England: Dorset. London: Hodder and
Stoughton, 1939, p. 155.
- John Newman and Nikolaus Pevsner, The buildings of England:
Dorset. Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1972, p. 282.
- Royal Commission on Historical Monuments (England), An inventory
of historical monuments in the County of Dorset, Vol. 1, West Dorset.
London: HMSO, 1952, pp. 172-173.
- Terence and Eliza Sackett, Francis Frith's Dorset Churches.
Salisbury: Frith Book Co., 2000, pp. 41-42.
To Dorset Churches Index Page
Maintained by Michael Day,
Last updated: 13 May 2005.