All photographs are copyright to Wiltshire Green Men
|Location:||Christ Church, Shaw|
|OS GR:||ST 888657|
|Period:||Early 20th-century (1905)|
These tiny twin green men are to be found on the reredos behind the altar. They are small decorative elements on the canopy above the crucified Christ, and are very difficult to photograph effectively.
The architect of Shaw church was Charles Ponting, the diocesan architect and a native of Wiltshire. He seems to have been particularly fond of the green man motif and included it in several of his church restorations, such as Holt and Edington.
Also at Shaw
by Black Cat Folklore