All photographs are copyright to Wiltshire Green Men
|Location:||Church of St Cyriac|
|OS GR:||ST 917685|
|Period:||Mid Sixteenth-century (1566)|
These two foliate heads in profile are on the Sharington tomb in Lacock's Church of St Cyriac. The tomb stands against the north wall of the Lady Chapel, and is a particularly fine early Renaissance monument.
Our two foliate heads are at either end of the panel on the wall immediately above the tomb-chest. The one on the left is the finer example, and has the more natural expression.
Sir William Sharington died in 1553, and the tomb itself is dated 1566.
Also at Lacock
by Black Cat Folklore