All photographs are copyright to Wiltshire Green Men
|Location:||Church of St Andrew|
|OS GR:||SU 136383|
|Period:||Norman (12th century)|
Facing each other on the lintels of the north door are twin green men, dating from the Norman/Romanesque period. One is much worn, but the other, pictured here, is still quite crisply carved. Neither is very big. They have watched the comings and goings of the village congregation for close on 1000 years.
Also at Great Durnford
by Black Cat Folklore