(0) 1225 386291
Fax: +44 (0) 1225 386928
E-mail Address: L.B.Newnes@bath.ac.uk
University of Bath
Please go to the University webpage for my up to date paper details
Dr Newnes is Head of Costing Research within the Department of Mechanical Engineering. Her research focuses on through life costing from concept design through to the in-service/in-use phases. The sectors/application areas for her activities include; aerospace, defence, medical device design, modelling uncertainty in through life costing, modelling in-service costs and trade-off analysis between specification and cost. She is an investigator on two major Innovative Manufacturing Research Centres; the Innovative Design and Manufacturing Research Centre at the University of Bath and the Innovative electronics Manufacturing Research Centre.
Typical industrial linked projects, which illustrate her current research include;
· Costing for Avionic Through life Availability (CATA)
· Uncertainty in Through Life Costing.
· In-Service Cost Estimating feedback to the concept design cost modelling process
· Using Taguchi techniques to optimise product specification and cost.
· Modelling and managing uncertainty in the bidding process for in-service contracts – predicting the probability of winning the contract, probability of profit and expected profit.